Digital Marketing is the promotion and marketing through digital sources and as well as it also means that it’s an approach of pull marketing instead of push marketing.
There are many specialization areas of Digital Marketing:
SEO means Search Engine Optimization and its basic function is to increase the traffic on the website. The company with an effective SEO ranks at the top of search results.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of SEO Career.
- Though implementing SEO takes a lot of time and research but once it is done your website ranks at the top. This helps us to easily sustain in a competitive market.
- The SEO’s result mainly depends on the quality of content they are presenting to the audience as it is the only source that can attract the audience. No SEO expert can rank irrelevant content in SERPs in the search engines such as Google, Yahoo.
- SEO has to keep an eye on everything. The SEO has to maintain the website and update new things to maintain the rank of a webpage and also be in sync with the updates by the search engine like Google.
- What are the requirements for SEO?
- People who want to grow their career in SEO should have some technical knowledge because the work of SEO is to keep focus on the technicalities of a website such as the website architecture, errors and user experience.
- If the SEO has patience and invests time, s/he can be successful because this field requires time and patience and one has to learn all these aspects to stand in the market.
- An SEO doesn’t require good communication skills but has to manipulate the data and can do good research and with an analytical mind
- Why choose SEO as Digital Marketing Specialization?
- Every business requires an SEO who can maintain the website and increase the traffic, so there is a lot of requirement for SEO services
- Consequently, there are a lot of requirements for SEO job opportunities as well.
- At the beginners level, an SEO receives decent pay. Soon after a year or two year s/he gets their salary hike of around 60 to 80%.
- If you are successful in many projects and have mediocre experience, then also no one can dare to take your job. You can’t be replaced easily and your position will be secured.
SMM means Social Media Marketing is another area to grow in digital marketing specialization. Everyone has different interests in their career, some of them want to spend their whole day and night on social media.
Social Media when used for marketing by enterprises, then it comes to a different level. SMM can be used to increase the traffic on the website or on social media account.
Companies that use different social platforms have few goals in mind:
- Improve communication with users
- Increase brand visibility
- Reach out to more customers
- Having a social media presence also increase the credibility of the company.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of an SMM career.
- Sometimes the demand of the clients is so tricky that it becomes difficult to meet the same.
- You can analyze client behavior and demands, according to which the SMM expert will plan the services that should be provided to the audience.
- There is no time bound work as working hours are flexible. You can work from anywhere, but we have to make sure that you are available 24*7 and keep updating on the client’s pages.
- What is expected?
- Great communication skills
- Creative bend of mind
- Keeping up with the trend
- Able to handle, address users and queries.
- Be creative and think about something different.
Why choose SMM as digital Marketing Specialization?
- The first thing is that you work on social media and your work should be creative.
- You will get an opportunity to handle the company’s brand even at the beginner level
- This work can is done in flexible hours and has no time bound limit.
- Email Marketing
Email marketing is simply engaging, retaining and eventually converting the ideal consumers via mail. People think email marketing is an old concept but it is an efficient process to do marketing.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Email Marketing Career
Everything should be effectively planned and consistency is a must.
Connections are build up with corporate houses.
No matter how good your content is but there will be always a pressure of sales
What is expected at the beginner’s level?
Strong language skills, understanding each concept and trying to convey a message in the least possible words.
Must be aware of the leading capturing cycle.
Technical knowledge of the tools
Analytical Skills to understand reports and figures.
Why choose Email marketing as an area of digital marketing specialization?
It’s a deep and vast field in itself
Part of digital and who has basic knowledge of sales and marketing
Good income after some experience
- Content Marketing
Content marketing is done through creativeness in writing, it usually depends on the words one is using. Creativeness in words sometimes attracts the audience and they start showing interest.
Advantages and Disadvantages as a Content Marketing career
This requires a high level of creativity in work, should have a good knowledge of each and everything.
Developing content that is relevant but sometimes it’s tricky.
Research, planning and scheduling of the content are done in advance to assure ease.
Why choose Content marketing as a Specialization in Digital Marketing?
If you’re creative with your mindset or you get brainstorming ideas
You like writing and creative work
Good pay at beginner level.
In my opinion, I would suggest that SMM marketing is best because it has flexible timings and we can work from anywhere and as well as it is an online platform, so we don’t have to carry papers or any physical documents.
Also, Read- T20 Cricket- Sri Lanka beat India by 4 wickets